Children who stay for lunch benefit from eating with others while relaxing with their friends. Having school lunches helps young people develop the confidence to make appropriate menu choices and tastes for different foods.
Free School Meals
If you are in receipt of any of the following your child could be entitled to £2.70 being credited to their dining account each day:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided a parent is not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190
- Universal credit with an annual earnings threshold that does not exceed £7,400
- Working Tax Credit run on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
How to apply
To see if your child is eligible, please complete an application form and a verification form (this is a secure way for the Academy to check your eligibility using your NI Number, surname and date of birth details). You will also need to produce the correct documentation.
You can pick up an application form and a verification form from Browney Academy or you can download a copy of each form below. Completed forms need to be returned to the Academy.
If you require further information please do not hesitate to contact the Academy.