Our home learning routines
- Creative homework and exploration is set at the start of every half term. This homework hooks children into their up and coming topic and provides opportunities for parents to become involved in their child’s learning.
- Phonics – children will be given sets of phonics cards/tasks to blend, which they can practise at home.
- Reading and/or talking about their reading to an adult for at least 10-15 minutes, 4 times a week.
- Learning spelling patterns, sent home weekly.
- Multiplication tables weekly through Times Tables Rockstars and reciting to increase their fluency so that they can be applied in other areas of maths and problem-solving.
Home learning for this half term
You can find your child's home learning for this half term in the front of their home learning journals.
In the uncertain times that we are currently living in, it is important that we are fully prepared for the possibility that we may have to have a full or partial closure of school depending on the local Covid-19 situation. There will also be instances where individual children will be self-isolating due to coming into contact with a positive case of Covid 19.
As a school we are producing detailed plans for remote education so that children will have access to a high-quality education at home. Currently, the main source of communication between the teacher and home when remote education is taking place is Class Dojo. Please ensure that you are able to access your child's Class Dojo account.
We are currently working on an online platform called PANDA which will allow you to access all home learning in one place. A link to PANDA will be added in due course to this page.