As a school we endeavour to provide children with a range of meaningful experiences, visits and visitors to that teach them about the world of work and provide information about future careers.
Our aims are to:
- To aspire children to think of the future, increasing aspiration for all
- To develop and encourage a sense of ambition towards a future career
- To understand the basic skills and attitudes needed to be successful in the world of work and provide experiences of meaningful interaction with the world of work.
- To provide high quality information from a wide variety of sources –curriculum lessons, growth mind set/learning power sessions, PHSE lessons, a careers week and visitors from a variety of careers
- To challenge all forms of stereotype (by background, gender or diversity groups) and preconceptions.
- To develop self-evaluation skills and make plans for the future
- To increase knowledge of post 11 and post 16
- To understand employment-related vocabulary
- Learning about what jobs are available, and thinking about what jobs they would possibly want themselves
- Thinking about how jobs in the future will be different from now, learning how to make a positive contribution, and exploring how relationships work within the workplace
- Understanding that we all have jobs at home and work, and that we need to carefully balance how much time we spend working, and how much time we spend relaxing.
- Understanding how to use money in real life, including the idea of spending, saving and budgeting.